Wednesday, May 10, 2006

BATH & BODY: Neutrogena Body Mist Sunblock

What is it? Sunblock in a spray; 45 SPF; waterproof, sweatproof.

Why should I buy it? Smells amazing, non-greasy, easy to spray on, and cools the skin on contact.

Where can I buy it? $8.49 for 5oz spray at CVS.com

What does it smell like? With an aroma akin to cucumber-melon (think Kenzo for Men, or New West for Women) with a little CSP Aqua Motu for good measure, this is definitely not your typical sunscreen. The scent remains subtle and will easily work with a number of your favorite summer scents.

The Bottom Line: Easy to use, great-smelling, effective protection, not greasy...what more could I ask for? Yes, the price is a little high - it's a spray, and I suspect I lose a little into the wind each time I spray - but I would definitely buy this again.

The day that I wore this, I wore Geir by Geir Ness (see my review by clicking HERE), and I'm happy to say that for one of the first times, my sunscreen didn't clash with my fragrance.

Additional Information:
Broad spectrum UVA/UVB. Instantly cools as it protects. Refreshes with every application. Non-greasy, waterproof. No. 1 Dermatologist recommended suncare. Sunblock so refreshing, you'll look forward to applying. Cools and revives skin on contact. One touch continuous spray works at any angle. Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores). Lightweight formula absorbs quickly - no need to rub. Waterproof, sweatproof, resists running into eyes. The American Cancer Society (ACS) and Neutrogena, working together to help prevent skin cancer, support the use of sunscreen. Made in USA of domestic and foreign components.

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.35%), Oxybenzone (6.0%). Inactive Ingredients: SD-Alcohol 40-2 (58%), Isobutane, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate, Trisoloxane, Dimethicone, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Menthyl PCA, Lauryl PCA, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Fragrance.
Rating (out of 10): 8

Which sunsceen (that you enjoy) do you find to have the most unusual scent?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, New West! So funny to see you mention that here. Hadn't thought about that one in years. It brings to mind images of a shoddy Macy's with gum stuck in the carpets and frazzled-looking salesladies. Lovesit!

marlen said...

I know - the last time I think I smelled it I was I high school, but I remember it fondly. I wish they would bring it back!