Friday, May 12, 2006

Holy, Mother! Part III: Gucci Rush for Women (1999)

#3) I was surprised when Mom started wearing this, as it isn't her general style of scent. I think I had given her this on a whim as a gift and she loved it so much, she went through a bottle in a matter of weeks. She especially loved the vanilla and fruity-floral notes in the composition.

Gucci Rush for Women

Notes: Gardenia, Freesia, Jasmine, Damascene rose, Coriander, Vanilla, Patchouli, and Vetiver.

Pros: Unusual fresh floral with an almost fruity tang and a sweet oriental drydown.

Cons: I'd love something slightly more complex. But that's not really a con, now is it?

Reminds me of: Joop! All About Eve; Cacharel Amor Amor.

Where can I buy it? $21.89 for a 50ml tester edt spray at Scentiments.com.

The Bottom Line: I could swear there is apple in there...smells like a fresh ripe apple with some vanilla ice cream sitting on a table next to a vase of sweet freesia. But it isn't really all that sweet. Not really as sweet as Amor Amor. I like this one; I like the character and final result on the skin. It's unusual and not too "in-your-face", but it's also lacking something. I feel like I am watching a play and all I see so far are the glorious sets and there's none of the spectacle yet. I'd like a little spectacle. And on a sidenote, Rush 2 (black currant and lily) , and Rush Summer (tangerine) are just as easy to love.

Rating (out of 10): 7

Which of your favorite scents has the "swear it's there" mystery note?

3 comments:

anyasgarden said...

Not a favorite, and it never will be, but I swear there is cumin in Angel.

marlen said...

lol...cumin in Angel? I cringe at the very thought!

marchlion said...

You know what? I really like Rush. I put it on as a half-joke, I think that canister is sooooo ugly. But there is something I can't put my finger on that makes it unusually appealing to me ... FWIW I can't find the reference but I SWEAR Luca Turin thought it was the bomb.