Tuesday, May 09, 2006

BARGAIN OF THE WEEK: Bandit (1944)

Notes: Orange, Tuberose, Jasmine, Rose, Leather, Wood

1 oz pure Parfum: Retail price $160; Parfum1.com $39.95

The Bottom Line: It's time to get more pure parfum into your collection, and this Robert Piguet classic is a great place to start at around $40 for a full ounce of pure parfum. Known for its ferocious basenotes of leather and warm woods, Bandit also has a lightly floral (somewhat powdery) overture before plunging into chypre wickedness. Save this one for those special summer nights and hey, go easy on the application - a little goes a long way. Perfect for those who like their scents with a little whip snap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm tempted, and I've never sampled this. The description almost makes it sound like Miss Balmain Can you tell me if it is similar? I would like something like MB with a little more lift in the top notes, a touch clearer and zingier.

marlen said...

I don't really know Miss Balmain, though I'm sure I have a sample around here somewhere...but this is a rich, dark leather scent, almost smokey with a powdery floral accent that sweetens it at times.