Saturday, May 06, 2006

REVIEW: Romeo Gigli Man (2004)


Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Yuzu, Mirth, Cinnamon, Geranium, Pepper, Bamboo, Patchouli, Hiba Wood, Musk.

Pros: A tangy, aromatic aroma that makes great use of some of my favorite notes.

Cons: Discontinued; not a very heavy scent - would love a little more depth.

Reminds me of: T Gregory; Celine pour Homme.

Development: Though the citrus plays a huge role in the beginning stages, the spice notes and musk play a larger role in the drydown.

Longevity: Moderate; it goes on strong but then quickly relaxes.

Sillage: Subtle but present.

Where can I buy it? $33.99 for a 3.4 oz edt spray at ImaginationPerfumery.com.

Bottleworthy? A great men's scent to add to any collection

The Bottom Line: By no means groundbreaking or exceptional, Romeo Gigli Man is not nearly the rich oriental that his first men's scent was. What it is, however, is the Gigli version of CK Contradiction, only better - a light peppery citrus with smooth musk and wood notes. Easy to wear and great for any occasion, this addition to the Gigli fragrance collection helps to confirm my belief that it's hard to go wrong with a Gigli scent. I have no idea why this one wasn't as popular as it could have been - I love it.

Rating (out of 10): 7
Decants available, email me!
What's your take on the scents of Romeo Gigli?

No comments: