Saturday, June 03, 2006

ASK MARLEN: Old Leather

Marlen,

Compliments from a newbie on a very informative and interesting blog. I like leather scents a lot and read your review of Cuiron with great interest. I wish to draw your attention to two relatively unknown and, in my view, vastly underrated Leather scents: Bogart by Jacques Bogart, released in 1975; and the original Dunhill for men, released in 1934. Would it be possible for you to share your opinions on these scents? I'm curious about a connoisseur's view of them.

Thanks,

DHi D,

I haven't smelled either of these fragrances in quite a long time. This alone should give you some indication as to how I felt about these scents, once upon a time. I recently had the opportunity to sniff Bogart's One Man Show and found it such a sign of its time that I truly feel it's just unwearable at this point. I also felt the same way when I had the opportunity to test the original Lanvin Homme, Worth pour Homme and Versailles pour Homme...

Sorry, D. I'm afraid I can't be of much help here. Maybe some of the readers will have some comments for you.

Marlen

No comments: