Monday, January 30, 2006

MEN'S GROOMING: Art of Shaving, Sandalwood A/S Balm

What is it? Recommended for normal, sensitive, or dry skin, The Art of Shaving Sandalwood After-Shave Balm is ideal for moisturizing skin during cooler winter months. With grape seed, shea extracts, and Vitamin C, this antiseptic balm is both oil and alcohol free. Created with 100%pure essential oils, Art of Shaving products not only soothe skin but are also effective as aromatherapy.

Why does it work? On my skin, it relieves razor burn, moisturizes without feeling too greasy, and smells unbelievably good.

Pros: Incredibly sweet and smooth sandalwood aroma. Works well as a facial moisturizer and hand and body lotion as well. Long-lasting scent that blends well with other fragrances.

Cons: The price is a bit high, but a little goes a LONG way. Wish the bottle came as a pump rather than a pour.

Bottleworthy? Yes. You need this. If you love sandalwood, this is the ultimate accessory.

Where can I buy it? $38 for 125ml at TheArtofShaving.com

The Bottom Line: Attention Ladies! Let me reiterate, this works well as a hand and body lotion as well as a facial moisturizer and should not be limited to enjoyment only by the guys. One of the only scented body products I use. Again, this seems to compliment (rather than clash with) almost any fragrance.

Rating (out of 10): 9 (if it also had UV protection and the cap was a pump, I'd give it a 10!)

Many aftershaves can be used as effective hand, body and facial moisturizers - what's your favorite?

4 comments:

fragrance lover said...

I have always heard wonderful things about this stuff. Would it be really decadant to shave my legs with this stuff? And I adore Sandalwood.

marlen said...

Kim - Go for it! It's just the most wonderful product, though it does sting a bit on cuts...and as I said, a little goes a long way!

katiedid said...

My husband really likes L'Occitane's shea butter stuff. (And the Cade face gel, but on the face only.) I think he mostly does the reverse, actually. He has serious dryness, especially in the winter, so he tends to use non-aftershave products on his face.

P.S. I don't like the Cade smell, but he does. I describe it as the smell of drunken Christmas (pine + the ginny,gin,gin of juniper berry), which I see as negative, and he sees as a postive.

marlen said...

I'm with you, not a fan of the Cade aroma...With all the scented products out there, he needs to find one that you both like the smell of. Lemme know if you need some ideas!