Tuesday, April 11, 2006

BATH & BODY: Yves Rocher, Blue Cedar Invigorating Shampoo Shower Gel



What is it? A 2-in-1 shower gel and hair shampoo with a light aroma of "energizing blue cedar extract" .

Why should I buy it? Smells incredible - very gentle and fresh, perfect when layered with the EDT; a light gel texture that lathers well.

Where can I buy it? $5 for 8.4 ozs at YvesRocherUSA.com.

The Bottom Line: An inexpensive, great-smelling hair and body shampoo that makes a perfect compliment to woody fragrances, accenting the cedar notes. Ideal for cedar lovers and for those of us who like the smell of wood but don't want to smell like a pencil. A little goes a long way and the bottle has an easy to dispense spout.

Rating (out of 10): 6

Do you have a favorite wood-themed body wash?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Yves Rocher Cedre (the original green one). Much more aromatic and ethereal

marlen said...

Rue - it sounds great! I made a huge purchase from YR and this is my first time really plunging in and exploring. I must say that the pricepoints are excellent considering the quality of the products!

katiedid said...

Organza Indecence's body wash is awfully woody, and I have forsworn use of everything else had it not come in quite possibly the least ergonomic bottle ever. But the scent of the body wash is just slightly more heavenly woody-cinnamony than the fragrance.

Other wise, seriously, I am all about the Pre de Provence Linden soap. Nothing, not even the greatest woody bath gel ever could sway me, heh.

marlen said...

katie - I'm gonna have to try the Pre de Provence Linden soap...thanks for the tip!