Saturday, April 15, 2006

BARGAIN OF THE WEEK: Armand Basi Homme


Notes: Cardamon, Lavandine, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Lilac, Lily of the valley, Tonka bean, Cistus, Cedar, Gayac, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk.

100ml EDT spray: Retail price $58; PerfumeWorldwide.com $23.99 (tester, no cap)

Why should I buy it? One of the most impressive and surprising fragrances that I've discovered in the last few years, Basi is highlighted by cinnamon, lavender and sandalwood. Sure, there's a whole list of other great notes as well, but these three are what really standout to my nose. Imagine fragrances like Guerlain's Mouchoir de Monsieur, or Etro's Etra, and now imagine something more complete and fuller-bodied with greater longevity and complexity and for $23.99, you've got a whopping 4.2 oz bottle of Armand Basi Homme...Slightly sweet, slightly spicy, slightly woodsy, and completely intoxicating.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to take the blind leap on this one, it's on it's way!

katiedid said...

Say M, have you by any chance tried the Basi Red? I forgot about it when it came out, and then I spotted it on a list of Alberto Morillas' scents, and now... I'm curious about it again! Just wondering if you might have any impressions of it?

marlen said...

derawk - good luck and let me know what you think! I love this stuff! cinnamon and sandalwood....yummmm

marlen said...

Katie - ya know, I sniffed this one a number of times and I believe it's still on my wishlist somewhere...but I can't really recall any distinct character or overall aroma, so I guess it didn't make that strong of an impression. Blue for Men was even less exciting.