Thursday, March 16, 2006

ASK MARLEN: A Good Read?

Hey Marlen,

I notice that you respond to questions on your blog, so I'm hoping that you can answer this one in any form: I'm almost finished with Chandler Burr's The Emperor of Scent. I'm loving the book, and now I'm hoping to go through more literature about fragrances. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!
A
Hi A!

Hmmm, so are you looking for novels, or resource? My favorite resource when looking for literature about fragrance is NowSmellThis blog's Marcello. He also has his own site - Scented Pages - devoted to publications about scent! Check for Marcello's contributions to NST - there's usually a new review every month!My favorite book? Well, Perfume by Suskind, of course! Also planning to read Aftel's Essence and Alchemy while relaxing on the beach in Florida!

Hope this helps!
Marlen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Marlen. I'll start on some of these when I get the time.

marlen said...

alex- be sure to keep us updated!