Saturday, May 06, 2006

REVIEW: Romeo Gigili Woman (2004)

Notes: Mandarin, Tagetes, Melon Cantaloupe, Green Tea, Violet Leaves, Sea Breeze, Rose Morocco, Indian Jasmine, White Nymphaea, Lotus Flowers, Licorice, Orris Florence, Musk, Cedarwood, Benzoin Siam, Vanilla Zanzibar.

Pros: An unusual floriental with fresh green overtones and a warm musky base.

Cons: Hard to find as its been discontinued.

Reminds me of: Insense for Men (with its musky-woody basenotes); Kenzo Le Monde est Beau ( with its sunny citrus and florals); Eau de Monteil (with its sweet dewy notes).

Development: Moves from powdery floral to fresh, watery green notes and back again before settling into a sweet, musky woods aroma.

Longevity: Excellent, one full spray lasted a good 6 hours on my wrist.

Sillage: Enough so that it could be sensed by my friends without overwhelming them.

Where can I buy it? $29.99 for a 1.3 oz edp spray at BeautifulPerfumes.com.

Bottleworthy? If you enjoy unusual or powdery florals.

The Bottom Line: I love this scent - utterly unique. My favorite of Romeo Gigli's women's scents, I love the combinations (melon, green tea and violet) of notes. As good as its men's counterpart, Gigli Woman is an unusual and beautiful fragrance that really shines as it dries on the skin revealing an almost incense-like woody melange of basenotes. The strong floral topnotes might be a bit much for some, but once they relax, the scent becomes even more alluring.

Rating (out of 10): 7
Decants available, email me!
Which women's florals do you find utterly unique?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlen,

Your review makes me want to buy this fragrance unsniffed against my better judgment! I'm not familiar with the comparison fragrances, so I would really be going out on a limb :-{ I love your review.

As for unique florals, I find Gucci Envy to be unlike any of the others in my collection. I tried it on today, and I can't find anything else like it on me. I tend to stay with the woodsy, clean scents with an occasional foray into vanillas because florals can aggravate my migraines, so I'm not an expert in this category.

Still loving your site!
Kathy

marlen said...

Kathy - thanks for the comments! I loved this stuff at first sniff and just knew I had to have some to myself!